It is recommended that you change your oil every 6 months or 6,000 miles to help keep your car running at peak performance, to get a better mileage out of your car and to ensure it drives properly.
At Nextyour we use synthetic oil/ or Regular oil which both protects your engine and enhances your car’s performance.
"Regular oils" are mineral-based products refined from crude oil taken from the ground. Over the past 20 years these lubricants have been refined even further, particularly in the area of viscosity enhancers. This means modern oils flow better over a range of temperatures. This, in combination with engines that sport tighter clearances and better machining, allow for the use of thin oils that both reduce friction and improve fuel efficiency. For instance, in the world of racing, very few teams are going to be using motor oil with single rated viscosity. Racers not only want efficient operation and greater power, they want the best lubrication of engine parts as quickly as possible. (Start-ups deliver high engine wear, so you want an oil that gets to work quickly.)
"Synthetic oils", which have been around since the 1970s, have the same natural ingredients as "regular oils" but they are distilled in a chemical plant where the concept of refining goes techno-geek. Try wrapping your head around the concept of “synthesized-hydrocarbon molecular chains” and base fluids including “polyalphaolefin, synthetic esters, and alkylated aromatics.” What the heck do all these terms mean? In plain english, they are the engineered basis for the synthetic oil qualities listed below.
- are all season and have multi-viscosity properties, some flowing as much as seven times faster than regular oil.
- can stand extremes of engine temperature (some above 400°F) more efficiently.
- can boost horsepower more effectively than thinner regular oils.
- can be used for intervals as long as 25,000 miles before requiring an oil change.
- contain fewer contaminants like sulfur, wax, and other elements that contribute to sludge build-up.
Of course, synthetic oils are more expensive and there are some things they don’t do, including:
- eliminate the need for oil changes.
- or eliminate engine wear.
In addition to changing the oil in your vehicle, our expert technicians can take care of your fuel filters, lube, radiator, antifreeze, fuel injector cleaning and leaks.
We can also give you a complete vehicle inspection for $32.50 when you come in for your oil change. Just ask!